It has been another crazy weather week in Minnesota. We have had sunshine, 80 degree weather, wind, rain, hail, and now chilly temps in the 50’s. Needless to say, it’s been good weather for a sewing project! I’ve been busy, so let me show you what I’ve done.
Project Update #1
I’ve been asked about how I put the periwinkle blocks together. The blocks are made up of four of the triangle pieces. Those pieces are actually sewn on a paper foundation. You can watch the Missouri Star tutorial here and Jenny will show you how it’s done.
Once those triangle pieces are finished and the papers have been removed, the blocks are sewn together. First I sew the pieces together in sets of two, and then sew those two sets together. Here’s a quick picture.
I have a luscious little pile of periwinkles. Just a few more to do and I’m ready to lay out the quilt.
Project Update #2
I also had some time to play with the Wordsmith blocks on my design wall. Here’s where I’m at. I’m not sure if I’ll stay with this or rearrange again. I have no plan for this little mini once I’m done with it. I was just attracted to the blue and greens together with words and scribbles, so that little charm pack just jumped into my bag at the store!
Project Update #3
So, let’s look at my list from Wednesday and see where I’m at.
- The periwinkle baby quilt – in progress, almost done
- Make one more baby quilt, same fabric line – up next
- Finish the commission quilt – DONE – yippee! (pictures soon)
- Continue working on Spring Paws blocks – no work on them yet
- Play the Wordsmith blocks on the design wall – in progress
- Make the rod pocket for the elephant quilt – DONE – woohoo!
- Clean up quilt cave – kinda, sorta, a little bit – in progress
I hope to get the last of the periwinkle blocks done this weekend, as well as do some work on the Spring Paws blocks. Oh, and I have this little reminder on my phone.
Curious? Me too! It didn’t get done at 9:00 am today, but maybe this weekend.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Happy stitching!